Hello there I have a gig this Friday and the venue has a Pioneer Opus Quad.
I saw VDJ fully supports it and it's been mapped too so I should not have any issues.
Looking over the internet I found instead some reported issues for that specific model.
Any suggestions apart having latest firmware and drivers?
Im using the latest VDJ Pubilc Build available.
Thanks as always!
I saw VDJ fully supports it and it's been mapped too so I should not have any issues.
Looking over the internet I found instead some reported issues for that specific model.
Any suggestions apart having latest firmware and drivers?
Im using the latest VDJ Pubilc Build available.
Thanks as always!
Posted yesterday @ 10:22 am
What kind of issues ?
I use Opus regularly, among XDJ-AZ as my main controller. I never had any issue with it. So I'm curious.
Perhaps the issues are related to stand alone operation ?
Or maybe they are related to other software support ?
I even used it with video to record a couple of videos I uploaded on my Youtube channel without any concern.
I use Opus regularly, among XDJ-AZ as my main controller. I never had any issue with it. So I'm curious.
Perhaps the issues are related to stand alone operation ?
Or maybe they are related to other software support ?
I even used it with video to record a couple of videos I uploaded on my Youtube channel without any concern.
Posted yesterday @ 12:34 pm
Just random USB C issues, looping and disconnecting... thanks for asking... I was pretty sure too before searching the internet (which I should not have done 😅) was just a double check with the most reliable, helpful and useful community on the dj scene ❤️
Posted yesterday @ 12:37 pm
"USB C" in general has one major flaw:
It requires you to have the correct cable, and not all "USB C" cables are made equal.
That being said, just make sure you have some good quality cables that are shuitable for data.
If possible, get a USB C Thunderbolt cable as I find them to be extremely reliable, as they are designed with much greater bandwidth demand in mind than your typical controller case.
Edit:
I mean, a "USB C" cable made for charging / PD is not necessarily a good cable for data. Some of them actually won't even connect if you try them for data.
So, there are known cases of users that had issues with USB C devices in general, just because of the wrong cable! The cable that you charge your phone/tablet may or may not work fine with Opus Quad (or a similar device). But the worst part is that it may APPEAR to be working fine, until sometime later it doesn't! :)
It requires you to have the correct cable, and not all "USB C" cables are made equal.
That being said, just make sure you have some good quality cables that are shuitable for data.
If possible, get a USB C Thunderbolt cable as I find them to be extremely reliable, as they are designed with much greater bandwidth demand in mind than your typical controller case.
Edit:
I mean, a "USB C" cable made for charging / PD is not necessarily a good cable for data. Some of them actually won't even connect if you try them for data.
So, there are known cases of users that had issues with USB C devices in general, just because of the wrong cable! The cable that you charge your phone/tablet may or may not work fine with Opus Quad (or a similar device). But the worst part is that it may APPEAR to be working fine, until sometime later it doesn't! :)
Posted yesterday @ 12:45 pm
Wow! This information should be added to VDJ official pages for usb c connected devices. I thought a good usb c cable would have been enough. Now I'm ordering a thunderbolt one. Thanks once again ✨️
Posted yesterday @ 1:28 pm
https://amzn.eu/d/03Yv6bw3 is this one ok?
Posted yesterday @ 1:31 pm
Generally most recent thunderbolt cables are okay - like a Thunderbolt 4 cable is normally 40 Gbps full duplex bandwidth and backward compatible with earlier USB protocol level versions, and also cable of power delivery (up to 240W). It's the data rate that's important (which means the cable can carry data) - probably more than enough bandwidth for USB traffic offered by the most complex controller out there.
It's probably good to stay on more reputable brands though for quality/reliability reasons - I have cables from Cable Creation and UGreen that have served me well.
It's probably good to stay on more reputable brands though for quality/reliability reasons - I have cables from Cable Creation and UGreen that have served me well.
Posted 24 hours ago
It's becoming way more complicated to connect a dj gear 😅 thanks for your support!
Posted 24 hours ago





