Hello,
It would appear I've done something stupid, as now my VDJ immediately crashes what i open it.
If i restart my PC, it shows the gui for maybe 5 seconds, then crashes. Every time i launch VDJ without first restarting my PC it shows no GUI before crashing.
Is there any way to see some sort of crash log so I can fix whatever I broke?
Thanks
It would appear I've done something stupid, as now my VDJ immediately crashes what i open it.
If i restart my PC, it shows the gui for maybe 5 seconds, then crashes. Every time i launch VDJ without first restarting my PC it shows no GUI before crashing.
Is there any way to see some sort of crash log so I can fix whatever I broke?
Thanks
Posted Fri 25 Sep 26 @ 11:38 pm
Try renaming the settings.xml file with VDJ closed and try again.
You can find it here
You can find it here
Posted Sat 26 Sep 26 @ 5:11 am
a backup first of the settings.xml file so the dev team can analyse it in addition of the crash log
Posted Sat 26 Sep 26 @ 10:05 am
Thanks for the help.. unfortunately I have already discovered and tried both of these things.
I am currently diffing my backup with a new working settings.xml one line at a time... however i already tried this last night, and was pretty convinced there was no new issue with my settings file. I have been using git for years to back up my settings, so unless new features broke something recently I'm fairly sure there were no breaking changes to my settings file (which is clearly incorrect).
I am currently diffing my backup with a new working settings.xml one line at a time... however i already tried this last night, and was pretty convinced there was no new issue with my settings file. I have been using git for years to back up my settings, so unless new features broke something recently I'm fairly sure there were no breaking changes to my settings file (which is clearly incorrect).
Posted Sat 26 Sep 26 @ 4:17 pm
figured it out, it was my browserSort that did it:
<browserSort>file=-First Seen;Artist|file(play)=Artist|file(hist)=Play Time|file(ask)=Original Sort Order|file(samp)=Original Sort Order|file(sbnk)=Original Sort Order|file(sear)=First Seen;Artist|file(virt)=Drive;First Seen|file(spot)=-First Seen;Original Sort Order</browserSort>
Posted Sun 27 Sep 26 @ 2:50 am
Upon further inspection, the actual issue is in here:
trying to just recreate my column settings as I'm not sure where the bug is in that mess.
<browserColumns>file=mix(16.68),titl(17.19),arti(9.15),albu(10.46),leng(6.93),comm(5.16),genr(7.9),key(4.87),bpm(4.26),1see(9.07),ext(8.33)|side=titl(40),arti(40),mix(20)|file(play)=titl(21.61),arti(13.46),mix(11.23),albu(16.07),comm(10.57),leng(9.26),bpm(8.85),key(8.96)|side(rmix)=mix(100)|side(auto)=titl(30),arti(30),mix(20),leng(10),plat(10)|side(kara)=lpos(10),titl(35),arti(35),sing(20)|side(sbnk)=spla(10),titl(60),svol(30)|file(hist)=titl(30),arti(30),mix(20),plti(20)|file(ask)=msg(60),from(20),askd(20)|file(samp)=spla(4),spos(4),titl(88),sedi(4)|file(sbnk)=spla(4),spos(4),titl(40),sgrp(20),svol(16),slen(12),sedi(4)|file(virt)=titl(19.44),arti(19.44),mix(15.56),leng(7.78),bpm(7.78),key(7.78),1see(11.11),driv(11.11)|side(relt)=titl(30),arti(30),mix(20),leng(10),bpm(10)|side(ask)=msg(100)|file(ai)=titl(20),arti(20),comm(60)|file(spot)=titl(21.87),arti(21.87),albu(17.5),leng(8.75),bpm(8.75),key(8.75),1see(12.5)</browserColumns>
trying to just recreate my column settings as I'm not sure where the bug is in that mess.
Posted Sun 27 Sep 26 @ 5:23 am
You might be able to narrow it down further by checking lastSelectedFolder.
I couldn't get it to crash with your browserColumns here, so must be some combination of a specific file or folder I think.
I couldn't get it to crash with your browserColumns here, so must be some combination of a specific file or folder I think.
Posted Sun 27 Sep 26 @ 6:35 am
I have the program loading now, but as soon as I add the FirstSeen column it crashes. I already tried renaming all my cache folders along with the database.xml and extra.db files, no luck.
Is there anything I could be missing regarding the FirstSeen column or browserColumns property?
Thanks for the help
Is there anything I could be missing regarding the FirstSeen column or browserColumns property?
Thanks for the help
Posted Sun 27 Sep 26 @ 4:51 pm
"lastSelectedFolder" in settings.xml would help as requested by Adion
In BrowerSort, did you try to remove all the "First Seen"?
I suspect this line:
file(spot)=-First Seen;Original Sort Order
Or it's something corrupted in database.xml
In BrowerSort, did you try to remove all the "First Seen"?
I suspect this line:
file(spot)=-First Seen;Original Sort Order
Or it's something corrupted in database.xml
Posted Sun 27 Sep 26 @ 10:23 pm
Another thing that might be related is if clockDisplay is set to 12h
Posted Mon 28 Sep 26 @ 1:31 am
Finally figured it out! I tried adding every column and anything time related would cause a crash. I deleted one of my database.xml files yesterday as it wasn't opening and I figured it was corrupt. I had previously tried renaming all of my database, extra, settings, cache, and history folders, none of which seemed to work at the time. However today I searched all my database files for possible issues but couldn't find any. Then I tried deleting the last few playlists saved to the history folder, and that fixed it - maybe it was that plus the database file that wouldn't open?
Either way, everything is working great now... thanks again to all of you for the help!
Either way, everything is working great now... thanks again to all of you for the help!
Posted Mon 28 Sep 26 @ 2:25 am
It would help if you could share us both. If we can reproduce the crash then the dev team can provide a fix (so all the tests you did can help others).
Posted Mon 28 Sep 26 @ 2:27 am
The issue ended up re-occurring, just after a longer delay than normal one the playlist history was cleared.
I have reached out to the support team, hopefully we can figure out the actual issue soon.
I have reached out to the support team, hopefully we can figure out the actual issue soon.
Posted 5 days ago @ 12:12 am
A likely cause was found already, so the next update should fix it
Posted 4 days ago @ 3:15 am





