Sign In:     


Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CDJ export issue - Page: 2
If I were you, I would start a new thread about this issue.
There are 2 different databases depending on the model of the pioneer unit.
It is easier to track each issue in separate threads.
 

CDJ Export gets progressively slower after ~5,000 files

Hi everyone,

I’m having an issue with the CDJ Export function in VirtualDJ.

When I start exporting my music to a USB drive, everything works very quickly at first. However, once it gets to around 5,000 files, the export process starts getting progressively slower and slower. Eventually, it can take several hours to finish.

From what I can tell, my guess is that the problem might be related to the export.pdb file. It seems like VirtualDJ may be repeatedly reopening the database and rewriting/updating it as new files are added. Once the database becomes very large, this could potentially explain why the process gets slower with every additional file.

I’ve already tested this with multiple USB sticks and SSDs, using different file systems/formats, but the behavior remains the same. So it doesn’t seem to be related to the speed or format of the storage device.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there any way to optimize the CDJ Export process or prevent it from becoming progressively slower as the number of exported files increases?

It would be great if the export process could, for example, keep the database open and perform updates in batches rather than repeatedly reopening/rebuilding the database for every file.

Any suggestions or insight from the developers would be greatly appreciated!